The Thursday Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrills and spills

4 posters

Go down

Thrills and spills Empty Thrills and spills

Post by Ben.r.l Sun May 31, 2009 11:06 pm

Down the cliffs the other day I saw a large plank of wood across a 4-5 metre gap along the rocks. It was an opportunity I couldn't miss, I walked up to it and began scuttling across. In the middle the beam felt a tad unstable and my eyesight blurred and my balance wavered. I was scared and my feet shaking almost moved the plank from it's position. I kept going and made it across. When my feet touched the rock face again I sat down, heart pounding. It was a small achievement but felt like the most exhilarating thing I'd done in recent years.

Who here would've done the same thing? Or what things have you done similar? Risks and thrills etc.

What was the last thing you did that really made your heart pound?
Ben.r.l
Ben.r.l
Dragon

CRavens : 1252

http://www.thursdayclub.co.nr/

Back to top Go down

Thrills and spills Empty Re: Thrills and spills

Post by Admin Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:17 am

Depends on the height of the gap. If it was right at the top of the cliffs then probably not. But about half the height I would have. Although it depends on the plank of wood too... But I doubt I would have on my own.

As for the last thing I did which made my heart pound.... Well I checked my bank balance this morning. I was not prepared for the devastation.
Admin
Admin
Admin

CRavens : 12200

https://thursday.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr T Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:50 am

Recently Ive bricked grandads shed windows before proceeding to demolish it in its entrety with a sledgehammer and some brute force as an act of revenge. For the record, my heart pounded from the adrenaline, not the fear of trouble.

Nah, just kidding, he wanted it knocked down, so I helped out... Good bit of stress relief that Smile
Mr T
Mr T

CRavens : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by Rancat Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:53 am

All the thrills and spills required were to be found recently at the Leaver's piss-up. Many were in attendance... In the far, dusty corner off the bar we made several startling dicoveries!

1. The tastiness of a drink is directly proportionate to the lumonosity of the liquid and the rate of change of homosexuality of the drinker.

2. Whisky, though a true mans' beverage, is in fact full of alcohol.

3. Dale should not be allowed near bright, glowy drinks.

4. Though Ben had indeed won the battle he could not forsee that it was infact Ranald who won the war.

5. Most of us should not be allowed out in public... Thats how people get arrested.

Rancat

CRavens : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:54 pm

I didn't start off on bright glowy drinks. You just let me try one and it was amazing. I blame Rancat for all 5 points... But he is being awarded 7 CRavens for the awesome drink.
Admin
Admin
Admin

CRavens : 12200

https://thursday.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum